Altitude training has a multitude of health benefits and sports performance benefits.
Health Benefits of Altitude Training
- Stimulates fat burning metabolism.
- Increases the amount of leptin in your body, so you actually feel more full and your appetite is somewhat suppressed.
- Increases production in the release of human growth hormone.
- Decreases heart rate and blood pressure.
- Helps mitochondrial enzymes around the body to utilize oxygen more efficiently for energy production.
Sports Performance Benefits of Altitude Training
- Increases capillarization, which is going to allow your capillaries to send more oxygen deeper into tissue.
- Reduces recovery time after training.
- Enhances endurance and stamina for your events and increases power output and speed while you are competing and training.
- Increases your VO2 max and lactic threshold, which allows your body to utilize oxygen more efficiently and reduces your discomfort of that burning sensation in your legs or your muscles when you are competing and training.
Dr. Kasprowicz holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Montclair State University and graduated from the New York Chiropractic College with his Doctor of Chiropractic degree in 2001. He is certified in the Graston Technique, Kinesio Tape certified, and fully certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners as well as the New Jersey State Board of Chiropractic. Dr Jan Kasprowicz of New Jersey Chiropractic & Sports Recovery can be reached at (917) 748-2902 and is located at 611 U.S. 46 Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604.